Wednesday, May 30, 2007

OPP - On Self Destruction

OPP: Other People's Poetry

I stole the term from a poet I saw here last year in a show called belly of the beast. Poet, if you are reading this, I ask your permission to use your term. I will use it occasionally here to post up someone else's words that I have come across and find beautiful.

"In these bloody days and frightful nights when an urban warrior can find no face more despicable than his own, no ammunition more deadly than self-hate and no target more deserving of his true aim than his brother, we must wonder how we came so late and lonely to this place"
-Maya Angelou

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Hey CJ,

Just curious if you were gonna write at all about some of your TFA experiences. I'd be interested in reading so I thought I'd let you know. Best of Luck.

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home